College Football Betting Lines, Predictions, Television and More: Cyclones, Hawkeyes, and Panthers
All you need to know for college football this weekend: What local players to watch for, betting lines, game times and more. Iowa v. Penn State, Iowa State v. Oklahoma State, UNI v. South Dakota State.
Thinking of relaxing for a few college football games this weekend?
We've got all the details for the Hawkeyes, Cyclones and Panthers right here. From predictions, to betting lines and game times, take a look.
Iowa State University
Coming off a close loss to Kansas State University, the Cyclones look to improve on their No. 24 ranking in the initial BCS standings.
Game Time: 11 a.m. Saturday
Where: Stillwater, Okla.
Television: FX Network
Records: Oklahoma State, 3-2; Iowa State, 4-2.
Lines: Oklahoma State is favored by 14 points over the Cyclones
Familiar Faces to Look For:
- Freshman Anthony Lazard, a two-year letter winner at Urbandale High School, plays as a linebacker for the Cyclones. Lazard led the CIML in tackles in regular season leading to second-team all-conference honors as a senior.
- Jake McDonough, a redshirt senior who played for Valley, played in all 13 games in the 2011 seasons, starting 12 of those games. He was named Phil Steele's College Football Preview 2012 second-team All-Big 12.
University of Iowa
The Iowa Hawkeyes head home for a game against the Nittany Lions of Penn State Saturday.
When: 7 p.m. Saturday.
Where: Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City
Television: Big Ten Network
Records: Iowa, 4-2; Penn State, 4-2
Lines: Iowa over Penn State by 3 points
Familiar faces to look for: Travis Perry, a redshirt freshman, is a defensive back for the Hawkeyes. He walked on the team in 2011.
University of Northern Iowa
The University of Northern Iowa Panthers take on South Dakota State for Homecoming Saturday in Cedar Falls.
When: 4 p.m. Saturday.
Where: UNI Dome - Cedar Falls
Television: Panther Sports Radio Network
Records: UNI, 1-5; South Dakota State, 5-1
Familiar Faces to look for:
- Chad Gilson, a redshirt sophomore, played seven games as a linebacker in the 2011 season. He recorded one solo tackle.
- Chad Owens, a redshirt sophomore, played 12 games for the Panthers in 2011.
- Chris Jepsen, a redshirt junior, played 13 games in 2011 on the defensive line.
- Nick Jepsen, is a freshman fullback for the Panthers, he is a 2012 graduate of Urbandale High School.
Steve Wiederin, Re/Max Real Estate:
Iowa 17 Penn St. 14
Iowa St. 27 Oklahoma St. 38
UNI 27 South Dakota St. 14
Stew Bevis, Patch Ad Manager
Iowa 24 Penn St. 21
Iowa St. 35 Oklahoma St. 27
UNI 31 South Dakota St. 21
Where to watch in Urbandale:
Buffalo Wild Wings
4345 Merle Hay Road
Number of TVs: A whopping 50 high-definition TVs, and 8 large-projection screens.
4875 Merle Hay Road
Number of TVs: 23, all high-definition
7500 Douglas Avenue
Number of TVs: 18, all high-definition.
2675 100th St.
Number of TVs: 15, with two big screens, and a projector
4810 86th St.
Number of TVs: 15, all high-definition.
5000 Merle Hay Road
Number of TVs: 2 in restaurant, 4 in the pool bar area, all high-definition.